Application Process

Yes. Please contact the Admissions Office as soon as possible once you have determined that you will not be able to begin classes as scheduled.

Your statement of purpose should include a brief testimony, description of your call to ministry, your philosophy of ministry, and what you expect to gain from the program that you are applying for.

Yes. As long as your undergraduate degree meets the current requirements for admission, there is no "expiration date." However, graduate credit older than 7 years cannot be considered for transfer credit.

You will need to contact the Registrar's/Records Office at your previous institution. We accept transcripts electronically if sent directly from the issuing institution to Printed transcripts must be mailed directly to the Admissions Office to be considered official. Have your transcripts mailed directly from your undergraduate institution to Wesley Seminary at the following address (The transcript can't be sent by you, even if in a sealed envelope.):

Wesley Seminary
4201 S. Washington St.
Marion, IN 46953

You will need to provide a copy of the reference form to each individual that you listed as a reference. These forms can be faxed (765-677-1750), mail, or email.

Attn: Wesley Seminary Admissions
Indiana Wesleyan University
4201 S. Washington St.
Marion, IN 46953

Fax: 765-677-1750

You should plan to apply at least a few months before you would like to begin classes. Since Wesley Seminary admits students on a "rolling" basis, it is important to have your application in as early as possible.

Enrolling In A Program

You will automatically be enrolled in the first course in your program once you are financially cleared. Please visit the "Accepted Students" page for more information.

Both the the Master of Divinity (M.Div.) and Master of Arts (MA) programs begin with a first year experience designed to prepare students with the knowledge and skills to succeed in their subsequent classes. Since the first year is the same for both programs, you have the ability to move from the MA to the M.Div. or vice-versa at the end of the first year. This gives you additional time to decide which program is right for you.

The MA in Ministry takes about two years to complete (36 credits). The M.Div. takes four years (75 credits) to complete. Both programs can be completed either totally online or through a mixture of online, onsite, and hybrid courses.

Please contact Richard Wollan in our Academics Office to discuss this possibility:

Financial Aid

The Wesley Seminary Title IV code is 001822 (the same as the code for IWU).

Yes. Those serving in ministry are considered for ministerial scholarships. Additionally, Wesley Seminary has a limited number of endowed scholarships that may be awarded each year. Please visit our Tuition and Financial Aid (link to page for more information.

Yes. Please contact the Admissions Office for more information. **The first payment is due two weeks prior to the start of classes.** Once your program starts, a payment schedule will be emailed from the Accounting office.

All students enrolled in a degree program are considered full-time.

Transferring Credit From Another Program/University/Seminary

Due to the concentrated design of our programs, we do not provide graduate-level credit for life experience.

We would be glad to! Please contact the Admissions Office at 1-877-673-0009 or to make arrangements for a credit transfer evaluation.

Wesley Seminary
4201 S. Washington St.
Marion, IN 46953
Seminary Logo